Thursday, November 16, 2006

"B-bugs?" Hudson asked.

"Oh yeah," I replied. "Real big ones. Just huge. Kind like that one behind you."

Hudson suddenly jumped in the air and spun around. His eyes frantically scanned the dark parking lot behind the 7-11 where we were hanging out. Then he looked down and saw the biggest freaking cockroach I'd ever seen.

"You mean that thing?" he asked, pointing at it.

"Yeah. But you know, much bigger."

Hudson lifted his boot and slammed it down on top of the roach. "Booyah! That's what I do to bugs, man!"

"Nice!"

"Yeah, I try and stay frosty," he said. "Bein' on this game show is really kind of cutting into my action."

"I know what you mean. There was like this huge battle at the mansion between Kodiak and the X-Men. I could have totally been there and, well, watched it anyway."

Throwing our empty Slurpee cups into the garbage, we went back inside the store and bought a six pack of Near Beer.

"I heard that," he said as he paid the cashier. "My unit fragged a nest of Morphs last week. It sounded totally smokin' but I've just been sittin' here coolin' my heels."

"Are all your missions dangerous?" I asked, taking a long drink from the bottle.

"Totally, man! My Lieutenant is always sending me on these really, really important and highly dangerous missions. My buddies are always tellin' me that they're suicide missions and I just say that's the way I like them! Bring 'em on!"

"That is so cool!" I said, throwing my bottle into the garbage can five feet away. "Swoosh!" I yelled.

"Nice little man!" Hudson yelled. He held up his palm and I slapped him a high five.

I pulled out another beer and gulped about half of it down. "Can I ask you a question?" I finally said.

"Sure, kid."

"What do you think about this show?"

"Well . . I thought it was kind of cool at first, though I didn't really know what was going on. Seems like we haven't heard anything from Deadpool in a while though."

"Yeah. I'm kind of thinking about heading back to the mansion."

"Oh no way, kid. A marine never cuts and runs. We stay until the mission is done or the last man is dead."

"Well, okay. But we're going to need some more beer."


2 Comments:

Blogger Private Hudson said...

Oh man, now I really have to pee. I shouldn't have had all that near beer and that slurpee and watermelon.

3:33 AM  
Blogger Jonh Neo said...

Good day Elixir, I want to introduce you a article site:
http://global-in-arm.com
See u soon, Elixir

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home